An Open Letter to Whomever Will Get Me My Own Reality Show

Dear people of TLC, MTV, VH1, Ryan Seacrest, or whoever else produces reality shows,

It would be in your best interest and mine to give me the reality show I've been longing for for ages, for the following reasons:


1. I'm the same age as your target audience
I am 22. I'm not yet old enough to be a Real Housewife of Waterloo or to have my own show based on the life of me and my 15+ children, but I am at the prime age of life. Which shows are most popular with the prime demographic? The ones where the characters are barely over the legal drinking age, not bogged down with the burden of a real, full time career, and living life to the reality fullness. THAT'S SO ME! The boringness of high school is over, and the real drama of life has begun. Jersey Shore pretty much has the monopoly on the party scene, so for some diversity, call me up.

2. My life has so much drama, the world deserves to see
If we take the trip down memory lane, you could see nothing on MTV (pre-Jersey shore) had anything on my friends and I. Lauren Conrad had a love triangle with Stephan and Kristin? Pfft. At one point or another all of my best friends liked the same, "strawberry blonde" haired boy - who in my opinion was NOT worth it. Olivia Palermo stole Whitney's ideas and claimed them as her own? Um HI, story of my life. More he-said-she-said than you can deal with? Yup right here. And that's just the one side, I have yet touch the Price Chopper. Price Chopper alone should have a show called The Chop (or now that we're Fresh.Co, The Co?). There's so much drama, relationship nonsense, and filthy-hot-messes in my life to at least have a good 2 seasons, no?

3. You don't need writers, this kind of crazy can't be written
Although reality TV is supposed to be real, we all know it's been scripted beyond belief. But no writer can come up with the outrageous nonsense of my life. If you'd like, you can observe our goings on for a week. This stuff is good, you can't make it up. You can't even add to it to make it better. Besides, half the stuff on TLC isn't even real crazy, it's just everyday awkwardness that most people would die to admit. I, on the other hand, have no shame. However, if you must, I am beyond willing to let life be scripted, as long as I will get my own show...

4. If there The Hills, Jersey Shore, those stupid Paris Hilton shows and anything on TLC, I should have one too
Now I'm just saying, if you have allowed such shows to have such a long television run, really, I'm entitled to my own as well. I mean, 75% of The Hills is watching various characters sitting in a restaurant, pretending to eat salad, and gossiping over this week's drama. Jersey Shore is a group of raging alcoholics who are DTF and... well that's about it. Paris Hilton... nuff said! If an entire episode can be formed out of "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID" "WHAT DID I DO?!" "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!", I think I can come up with something better than that.

5. People tell me all the time I should be famous or have my own show
Nuff said.

6. I am DESTINED to be famous 
The gentlemen from Honor Society and everyone else has agreed. I am a people person - people want to be apart of this.

And I may not be as psycho high-strung as Kate Gosslin or have the awkwardness jealousy of the Sister Wives, but... well no, they've got me beat. But still!

If this made for good television, then COME ON!!




If these points are not valid enough for you to see I should have my own show, I have more. Please consider my request, or at least my request for a cooking show on Food Network.

Please, Hook me up!

Post a Comment