Book #2: Charlie St. Cloud

Tonight I decided not to go out, but stay in and finish book 2 on my summer list. I was in a rush to read this book because the movie (staring the gorgeous Zac Efron) came out and Friday, and I plan on seeing it today...

Book Number 2 was: Charlie St. Cloud



Clearly I chose this book because Zac Efron is on the cover, and stars in the movie. But really, this book was amazing. It's one of those books you can't put down; I spent the last 2 hours reading over 3/4 of the book. I really can't give away anything because I can't even comprehend how I feel after reading this book. There have been so many emotions, just in the last 20 chapters, let alone the whole book: sadness, sorrow, joy, hope, grief, longing... gosh it was intense. Now that I'm done, I just feel optimistic, on life and everything else.

I'm definitely recommending this book! As for the movie, I'll let you know. But as for books to movie situations go, the books are significantly better than the movie (e.g. The Last Song, and Dear John-- espeicially Dear John!!!)


Watch the trailer (and bask in the beauty that is Zac Efron)

One more book on my summer reading list and 4 weeks to go, I can do it!

xoxo
DR

Post a Comment